Thursday, February 19, 2009

So

Well our projects are finally under way.
Today James and I did a presentation on "Earth" sanctuaries.  I presented on the Hopi Pueblo Kivas and James on the Ajanta and Ellora Caves in India.  It went alright.  I feel that I presented better than I usually do...which is not saying a lot.  I think it was mainly that people were looking at the slideshow and I was sitting behind them speaking.  :)

Now our studio project has started.  I keep on forgetting that it is a sanctuary of SILENCE and not some resort or spa.  I think it's the sauna that throws me off because I have always associated a sauna with pools and fun.  Not serious meditation.  Well I guess I'm learning something.

I am going to apply for a traveling grant this summer.  I need to get working on it asap!  I am going to propose something like researching how 2+ person households in urban/dense settings have adjusted to living in smaller more condensed spaces.  It will be all about efficient living.  (If anybody steals my idea...you're going down!)  So if anybody has any suggestions as to what cities would be a good place for me to research please let me know.

It's almost 8 pm.  I'm hungry.  I'm going to go now.

If anybody wants a Finnish postcard send me your address.

1 comment:

  1. Handy Cassie,

    I love your blog! It makes me miss you very much. Thanks for your emails. When Eve can fit into normal newborn sized clothing, and comes home to wear it, I will definitely send you pics. She is almost there! Her preemie stuff is getting small. I took them to the hospital so that she could at least wear them once! Luckily I didn't spend much money on them at all.

    I'm glad you're having riotious loads of good times in Finland.

    Love, renee

    ReplyDelete