We boarded the ferry bound for Stockholm at 5:00 p.m.
Goodbye Helsinki
Suomelinna-cool fortress island I have yet to visit
The sweetest ferry/cruise ever!
I woke up early and stood on the deck for a while. There were thousands of beautiful little islands that our boat had to weave through. The water was so still and and the land serene. It was amazing.
The water looked like a very good rendering of water. It was really weird.
Almost viscous.
Heading into the Metro bound for the city center.
City center-ish.
Market by our hotel. Everything was so cheap and fresh even the guys selling were "fresh."
They sell punk here.
My favorite new saying.
THEY HAVE 7-11'S THERE! But unfortunately no slurpees, very disappointing.
(I love the kids in the foreground, looking at me like "WTF?")
Stockholm Public Library by Gunnar Asplund, 1928.
The entrance/ascent into the main room was very dramatic.
Main room.
Metro.
St. Mark's church by Sigurd Lewerentz in Bjorkhagen.
I loved the large light fixture.
I was trying to get beamed back to the mother ship.
This was just outside of the church. Loved it.
This was the entrance to Skogskyrkogarden, apparently they really want to keep the living out at night.
This was the first vista of the garden and it was depressing. Everything looked brown and dead. Little did I know...
Random chapel #2 in the garden.
The trees were magnificent!
And the scales of the bark were huge!
Greta Garbo's grave.
It was absolutely amazingly beautiful. It was so serene, clean, and peaceful.
I wouldn't mind being put there after I croak.
This is the only straight path through the garden.
This was kind of weird. But it had a very cool ascent.
No comments:
Post a Comment