Monday, December 9, 2013

Cassie and James' Big Adventure

So this last weekend James and I went on an awesome adventure.

First we went to Sleepy Hollow and checked out the cemetery.  It's a very nice place with beautiful mausoleums, headstones, and statues.

Next we went to check out Frank Lloyd Wright's Usonian neighborhood outside of Pleasantville, not the one from the movie, this one was in full color.  Very very cool.

We stopped somewhere in West Chester and bought some film for my camera and walked into a little french bakery.  James bought water.

Then we headed up to Poughkepsie to check out the abandoned Hudson River State Hospital.  It was an old psychiatric campus that opened in 1873 and closed in 2003.  It was amazing!  It was like entering into a post-apocalyptic world where zombies are lurking in the shadows waiting to attack. 

We then ate endless steak fries at Red Robin and charged our cell phones that were dead.

Then to round off the adventure we stopped in a little artist town called Beacon, checked out a cool plastic store and then a gallery opening where I bought a beautiful used Taschen book on Leonardo Da Vinci's work for $10.

It was pretty much a totally awesome adventure.

I will post pictures later, when I get them developed and/or downloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment