Thursday, January 29, 2009

Photo Dump 2

Well here is the second dump of photographs.

We went to Otaniemi where our school is located.  It is about a 15 minute bus ride from Kamppi in town.  I didn't photograph a lot while we were out there, but here are a few of the ones I took.
Nice meditation/religious center on campus

Only strip mall ever designed by Aalto.
(on campus)

This was one night where we met up with the gang to walk around and check out a cool bar which is in the tallest building in Helsinki.  It was pretty much a clock tower on top of a 7 story building.  Cool views though.

Some square at night.

View from a bar.  A coke was 4,50 euros.
Check out the triangle skylights on the bottom left.

I made Jonathan take a picture with me.  Poor kid.

Cool stairs.  One flight of 12 to get up to the bar!

Another night we met our history professor and took a walking tour of some buildings in Helsinki.
At our meeting spot, aka Phil's bosses office.  

Creepy/cool crypt/chapel under the large Cathedral.

The Library in Senate Square.

This was in the addition of the library.

Cool staircase at Helsinki University at Senate Square.

Sirrkalissa, our history professor, is the cutest person ever tied with our kickboxing 3 time grandmother landlord Britta!


Will add more later.  I'm going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment