Monday, November 18, 2013

Whoa Update

Well its been a while.
I have wanted to write so many times but have had so much to say and write about I haven't known where to start. 

I think I'm going to just write little bits more often...well more than once a year that is.  (I believe I've said that before and have not followed through.)

So I think for now just the basics:

-I'm still in NY.  I haven't had a raise since I've been here.  My two year work anniversary is next week.  My rent is going up $250/mo...so it's not even an option for me to stay unless they are willing to negotiate big time.  If I don't get a significant one next week I'm leaving as soon as I can find another job and that will most likely be in another city.  2 1/2 years here, I'm done.
-I still love my nieces and nephew so much.  I have absolutely loved the time I've been able to spend with them.  Milo is beautiful inside and out and is the sweetest thing in the world.  Otto cut his hair short and finally has a slackline, both life changing he says.  Clio is freaking adorable and is so smart and spunky, the outfits she picks out to wear are reminiscent of my childhood outfits.
-My father has been having very serious problems with his heart and it has been very sad and scary.  He's such a stubborn pain in the ass but I love him more than anything else in the world and I just pray that his body will heal.
-I'm still doing the Hotdogs and Homework in Harlem Tuesday nights.  The girl that I had been tutoring for the last nearly two years came for the first time this school year!  She's been having a really tough time at home and at school.  She just needs encouragement and someone to keep nudging her in the right direction.  I have also been helping out another guy who is fantastically smart but a little stubborn...so we get along great. 
-I have been to multiple doctors trying to figure out what a bunch of random symptoms that I have been having are.  It was thought that I had Cushings Disease or PCOS and that came up negative.  I have been to a GI doctor...all negative results.  And no celliacs or gluten intolerance.  What that leaves us with is irritable bowel syndrome, the diagnosis when all else has come back negative.   As for 90% of the other symptoms...I have yet to figure out.  But I've been feeling fairly well over the past few months.
-I aged out of the YSA ward.  I'm officially old.  I got banished to the nursery in the new ward.  It kind of sucks.  It's not nearly as spiritually uplifting as a Gospel Doctrine teacher but there is a need in the ward and I'm trying to make the most of it and trying not to kill the children every week.
-I have had the pleasure and blessing of seeing many friends this year that I haven't seen in a long time.  It is always nice to be reminded of and revisit the friendships and relationships of the past.
-The whole guy situation is ridiculous.  I cannot even begin to explain my frustration, disappointment, and discouragement.  But I have taken some steps to clear my mind and be at peace with some things.

So that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment