Meet Loki. He is pretty much the sweetest and most well-behaved dog ever.
Loki joined my family August 8, 2015 by way of Stray Rescue of St. Louis.
At the shelter he was given the name Archer, but it didn't quite fit him. I decided that he needed a new name with this new chapter in his life. I tend to like unique names so I when I was brain storming with my mom and sister I was throwing out scandinavian and nordic names. Then my sister remarked how he was going to be brothers with her dogs, Bowser-Thor and Boston-Yoda. I then immediately thought of the Norwegian mythological character Thor (whom Bowser-Thor was named after) and that his mischievous brother is named Loki. Perfect. Although people will probably think that I have jumped on the Marvel Comics train and named him after the movies. Oh well, like I really care what other people think.
Loki has had some health issues associated with being on the street so right now I am focused on helping his stomach ulcers heal and get him to a healthy weight. The vet wants him to gain at least another 15 lbs, so he's going to be a big boy!
I already love him so much...this is going to be good.
I realized that Loki and I have the same birthday! Not really. But sort of... as England is 6 hours ahead :D
ReplyDelete