Sunday, January 4, 2015

You Can Call Me Professor Cook Again

As you may have previously read that lately my life has not exactly been going in a clear direction and that has been extremely frustrating.  But I swear as one door closes or more like as multiple doors are closed, dead bolted, and barricaded with a thousand sharpened broom handles and a dozen angry blood thirsty zombie midgets guarding them, I begin to question why I'm even in the freaking room to begin with.  Then I am suddenly shown that there is an open door hiding behind a grand piano in the corner.

Liken this to my life, many things have occurred lately that have been making me question why I am supposed to be back in St. Louis right now.  One of the biggest let downs was that I was not signed up to teach next semester.  I felt that I did a great job teaching and that my students work was a lot more sophisticated and advanced than other sections.  I loved to teach and I got some truly amazing feedback from my students, it was all anonymous because I wanted them to be as honest and critical as they wanted to be.  One said that "I was the best that the program had to offer" and another said that I was their best professor so far and that they were sad I wasn't going to be teaching them next semester.  But what made me really happy is that all of them said that they had a good experience in studio, that I was able to inspire them, and that they felt they were prepared to move to the next semester.  The worst comments I got were that they wished that I would have given her more smiles because when I didn't smile it made her nervous and another said that she wished I would have emailed them earlier in the weekend.
So to say that I was disappointed not to be teaching next semester would be an understatement.

Well, I found out last night when I accidentally opened up the email account I have been avoiding checking all week that I am signed up to teach 112!!!  Another core design studio for undergrads!  I believe that the guy in charge of the program forgot to email me or emailed my non working wustl account.  Typical SH.

I happy cried on my way home from dinner with friends.  I probably should have pulled over.
So I am subtly reminded that the Lord has my back, knows what's best for me, and that I just need to keep swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment