So I've been thinking a lot about myself and certain aspects of my personality that I have always seen as deterrents to...anybody...but through a few different conversations with my friends and some family members I have learned that some of those traits are actually things that define me and make me who I am.
1. I am not stubborn, rather I am persistent.
It is true that you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink. Well, sometimes I tend to put the horse in a choke hold and shove its face into the water. Then if that doesn't work I will wire the horse's jaw open and get a fire hose.
I have never been one to give up easily, especially if it is in the service of others or will benefit somebody else. I do not like to be told that something cannot be done. I do not believe in definitive or generalized statements because there is always an exception to the rule or something else that may govern the situation that I or others may not see. Often times I believe it is merely perspective that tells me "no" and it isn't necessarily truth. So I wouldn't necessarily say stubborn I just won't give up until I have explored all options that I am able to or...kill the horse.
When I was three or four my parents had taken my sisters and I to the 4th of July parade in Salt Lake. We were lined up on the street watching the floats when I, for whatever reason, needed my dad's attention. Tugging his shirt, hitting his legs, or yelling did not get him to redirect his attention from his friend to me. So after a good ten minutes of pestering him I made one last ditch effort for attention, I bit him. Mind you I was only three or four years old so I was...well...crotch height. My father recounts the story with such animation and says that he had never felt a pain so intensely excruciating as he experienced at that moment. Needless to say I finally got his attention. So you see, I've always been "persistent" (with a little scorched earth at the end).
2. I'm not intense, rather I'm passionate.
I like the idea of passion much better because it lends more to a caring and loving aspect in action versus something that doesn't necessarily have to have either. Intensity is merely the level at which one acts, but passion is the depth behind the action at whatever level it may be at.
Okay that's enough contemplation for tonight because I'm not iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiib bv v iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii c cicc c fbiioio koof0 k,v pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkjkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkjmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkkko- lk ;.//v
Hahaha...I fell asleep while I was typing last night. It kind of reminds me of my grad school notes.
No comments:
Post a Comment